About the role
The role of Events Officer is an exciting and dynamic role that will see the successful applicant work with a diverse group of young people to create unique and creative events that are targeted at young people. You will work with our Marketing, Communications & Events Team to promote, plan and execute AYAN events. Those events include the Bi-Annual Boundless Summit and the Boundless On-Air Series. As the Events Officer, you will play a significant role in the planning and execution of all AYAN events including, the development and management of event budgets, the promotional activities of the events, maintenance of AYAN event digital platforms plus much much more. If you love the idea of getting to know the emerging trends amongst young members of St John Ambulance Australia this role would be perfect for you.
To be successful in this position, it is preferable that you have:
- An understanding of the work of St John Ambulance Australia and AYAN.
- A commitment to the development and empowerment of young people.
- The ability to communicate and engage with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Exceptional collaboration skills, with the ability to work towards the team and individual goals.
- A drive attitude and an initiative-based work ethic, with the ability to manage compelling deadlines.
- Demonstrate or an interest in (or prior experience) marketing and event management.
- The ability to develop material appropriate for distribution through social media and other digital platforms.
If you want to combine hard work with a huge dose of fun, please submit your application below. Applications must include a CV and a cover letter and the addressed selection criteria.
This position will be for a term of 2 years. This position is voluntary and attracts no remuneration. Please note for this position you must be aged 16-26 years of age.
Applications close Sunday 23rd April 2017.